Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Scenarioball: Back on Campus


I hinted in my last Scenarioball post that I was going to try to tackle the college ranks at some point. While I don't foresee that post being done within the immediate future, I figured it would be cool to give the game a whirl on random games from the season to date.

The first game I thought to do was Illinois's triple overtime win over Rutgers. I happened to catch the beginning of the game, but changed the channel at halftime so I could watch Warriors/Wizards. These two teams have injury-marred rosters and came in with only one conference win between them. My numbers showed that the matchup would not have been all that thrilling despite the length and competitiveness of the game.


Seeing that a triple overtime game didn't fare that well with my numbers jarred me a bit. So I decided to go back into the recent archives to figure out if my eyes deceived me when I watched games I was invested in. I first went to my second favorite game of the season: the 4OT battle between Arizona and USC. I wanted USC to win, they outlasted the Wildcats, and they were fun to watch in the process.


Okay cool. That game was as awesome as I thought it was. So I decided to up the ante and try Scenarioball on my favorite game of the season: my alma mater's upset win at Wisconsin on the first day of the season. While I was running around my house when the final buzzer sounded, WIU and Wisconsin ended the game above water in Scenario points. Very cool.


I then decided to give it a go on two other random games. The Seattle/Cal game is on YouTube and I've been meaning to watching it eventually. Apparently it just breaks even, so I won't be in too much of a rush to check it out. I watched the Texas/Washington game on-demand and it seems to have been way more brutal then I recall. I suppose I was lost in the ramblings of Bill Walton and that fact the game was played in China!


I definitely have the most fun applying my game to random matchups just to see how things shake out. Perhaps doing random games every now and again could help me chip away at getting that full college article done. But even with the games I've done, I'd still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment