Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Big Game Predictor: Panthers (Hornets) vs. Broncos (Nuggets)


You can check out the video AT THIS LINK.

With the Super Bowl 50 fast approaching, I decided to make my prediction of who is going to win the game the best way I can: by pitting each city's basketball team against each other on a video game and recording the results. I present to you the Big Game Predictor.

With the Panthers and Broncos facing off in Santa Clara on Sunday, I used the Hornets and Nuggets to represent each contingent. On NBA 2K16, you can only play in a team's home arena, so no Oracle Arena for me. Instead, since the Broncos are the designated home team, the simulation takes place in Denver. The Broncos decided they will where white uniforms, so I let the Nuggets where their white sleeved alternate uniforms. By extension, the Panthers are going to wear their black home uniforms, so the Hornets wore their black sleeved alternate uniforms. From there it was time to kick things off.

The victor of this simulation is the team I was already expecting to win the Super Bowl anyway. The margin of victory surprised me considering how the flow of the game was going. Now, if the Super Bowl follows the same script in terms of momentum, I would be pleasantly shocked and mildly afraid of my predictive powers.

Also, this is my first video where I'm doing my own commentary. It was a blast to do and I hope you enjoy the game as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment