Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Steph Curry and the Generational Gap: "You're Gonna Live This Truth"

Steph's 35-foot game winner over the Thunder on Saturday. There's a large contingent of former players that aren't all that impressed by feats like this. I discuss on today's podcast.
It's the debut of the Scenario Mode Podcast! The first topic is about Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors. Go figure.

I try to unpack my feelings towards old-school basketball players downplaying what the 53-5 Warriors are doing and the current state of basketball in this age. I find that while these guys are so defensive of the past, I'm defensive of the present. It's just so annoying to hear in almost every aspect of life (sports, music, culture) that my era sucks and theirs is better. But I'm seeking to learn more about the game and understand just how different or similar things are in this day and age to the past. I just wish former players would try to do the same. Click the play button on the audio player below to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment